Tuesday, April 9, 2019

28A - Exit Strategy


1.    I wouldn’t want to sell the business right away. I would want to watch it grow and be part of the expansion. I don’t think I would stay with the business until I retire, but I would definitely want to be part of it for at least 10-15 years. I don’t think I would protect the venture as a family business, I would just want to pass it down to someone I really trusted. 
2.    I selected this exit strategy because I would want to make sure the business was successful and growing before I handed if off to someone else. 

3.    Because I would want to be a part of the venture for the beginning, I emphasized a lot on evaluating the product. I also focus a lot on wanting to expand the business and maybe one day even take it globally. I wouldn’t want to sell the company until I knew it was doing well on its own. I feel that being part of the venture will also help me make a lot of new connections and expand my network which could then help me with future ventures. 

2 comments:

  1. Alejandra,

    I agree with your statement about wanting to make sure the business is successful before handing it off or selling it. I wrote about this too in my post, but planned on selling it much earlier on. Since this is important to you, you want to do as much as you can to help it be successful and make sure the company will survive without you. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alejandra,

    I understand that you wouldn't want to sell the business right away nor give it away to somebody you don't know. When you start a business, it is understandable that you form an attachment to it and would want to make sure it's in good hands before leaving it. It's good that you focus on research and evaluating your business before exiting - that way, when you leave, it'll do just fine. Great post.

    ReplyDelete