Monday, April 8, 2019

26A – Celebrating Failure

1.    This semester, I accidently missed two “cupcakes” because I didn’t carefully read the instructions or deadline. I assumed they were dues Mondays at 11:59 p.m. but they were actually due at noon. So because I misinterpreted the deadline, I missed the quiz. 
2.    I learned that it is extremely important to read the instructions carefully. I need to pay a bit more attention to the deadlines as well. 

3.    Luckily, missing two quizzes isn’t the end of the world. It’s also a failure that can be easily fixed. It was frustrating to miss the quiz especially when I went to do just a couple minutes after the deadline but it’s something I learned from. This class made me realize that it’s okay to fail as long as you learn from your mistakes and try to do better next time. I don’t necessarily think I would be willing to take more risks in the future. I would pay more attention to the little details and try to get more organized. 

1 comment:

  1. Alejandra,
    Great example! This is a very relatable scenario for college students, especially for me. It is very easy to get caught up doing so many other assignments or studying that you forget to read all the instructions. I have found that this class gets easier to organize as time goes on because the schedule is more routine to me. I am glad that the failures have taught you to always be thorough and to read all the instructions. I agree that it's very essential to learn from mistakes and to do better next time!

    ReplyDelete