Thursday, January 24, 2019

6A - Identifying Opportunities in Economic & Regulatory Trends


Opportunity #1 (Econ): The Economy Is in the Expansion Phase of the Business Cycle
b)   I think there is an opportunity here because, during an expansion, there is economic growth and an increase in employment. There is also (according to the business cycle) and upward pressure on prices. However, the expansion is an antecedent to contraction which can lead to an economic crisis. 
c)    I think this will affect all American workers, as well as consumers. Financial advisors would also become in demand. 
d)   I believe that it could be difficult to exploit because there are many factors that come in to play. And people are affected differently. 
e)   Most will look at this information and see that there is economic growth. However, after doing a little bit of research, I realized that this could lead to an economic crisis and end up affecting many people. 

Opportunity #2 (Econ): Baby Boomers Aren't Retiring
b)   I think this is an opportunity because there is data supporting this. There have also been studies measuring the workforce.
c)    The prototypical customer would be people from younger generations looking for work. 
d)   I actually think it wouldn’t be too difficult to exploit. The younger generation is in need of work.  
e)   I found this information kind of interesting because my dad is a baby boomer and hasn’t retired, and probably still won’t retire for a while. On the other hand, I know many people from younger generations struggling to join the workforce. 
                                                       
Opportunity #3 (Reg): Health Care Change
b)   I think there is an opportunity because this website is about how these regulations could affect your business. According to the website, companies with more than 50 employees are required to offer health insurances.
c)    I think the prototypical customer would be the workers getting the health insurance. 
d)   I think it should be relatively easy to exploit. This will help health insurance companies get more customers.
e)   I found it kind of difficult to find regulatory trends but this one stood out to me. Healthcare has become a very popular topic over the years because of all the changes it has gone through. 

Opportunity #4 (Reg):Privacy
b)   I believe this is an opportunity because states are beginning to increase regulations and enforcement of data security. 
c)    This would affect cybersecurity companies and those who need data security, especially those working high-profile jobs. 
d)   I’m 50/50 on whether it would be easy to exploit this or not. It’s a very important part of high-profile jobs because of all the data they have. While other countries probably don’t need to emphasize on cybersecurity.

e)   I’ve heard a lot about how this trend has been increasing over the years. It has become very necessary for certain jobs but I still feel that there is a good amount of jobs that haven’t focused on data security. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alejandra,
    Great sources! Reading the different things, you had to say and the opportunities you saw were super interesting. We all have different outlooks and eyes for everything, so it was really great seeing what you had to say and choose. Privacy is becoming more and more rare, so I am really glad we are giving more privacy back to the people!

    Thanks,
    Amanda Ayoub

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samantha,

    You did a great job at finding articles this week that have to do with economic and regulatory changes. However, the one that caught my eye the most was the one about baby boomers not wanting to retire just yet. I see so many people our age often struggling to find jobs, but I never thought that there was a link between this and baby boomers. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete