Sunday, January 13, 2019

3A - Your Entrepreneurship Story


3A – Your Entrepreneurship Story 


One of my mom’s good friends owns a small business where she actually goes out and helps other start-up businesses or businesses that need improvement. I’ve known her for most of my life and have been able to talk to her about her career. She studied accounting in school and later got her CPA. I noticed that she is very outgoing and friendly, which is probably essential in her work field. However, she can often be brutally honest which is probably necessary if she wants to truly help these businesses. This made me realize, that learning about entrepreneurship could be very beneficial. 

I enrolled in ENT 3003 because I think that no matter what career path I decide to take in business, this class can be very helpful. To be honest, entrepreneurship can seem pretty intimidating, especially since I don’t know everything that it entails. Therefore, I’m hoping that this class helps me realize that it might not be so bad. I always thought that to be an entrepreneur you had to be extremely creative if you want to be successful. However, from just watching the first lectures, I learned that being an entrepreneur doesn’t necessarily mean you need to be creative but resourceful. Entrepreneurs can simply start up from looking at small day-today problems and come up with a solution. I’m looking forward to learning more about the steps to becoming a good entrepreneur. 

Image result for women in entrepreneurship images

2 comments:

  1. Alejandra, thank you for sharing your entrepreneurship story! I was impressed with how you connected your mom's friend, who runs a business, with the necessary qualities of an entrepreneur. I agree that a good entrepreneur is outgoing, while also honest when the time is appropriate. I enrolled in this course for many of the same reasons that you did: to develop skills of creativity and to learn more about what an entrepreneur really does. I believe that there is a misconception about entrepreneurship, and I am excited to learn more through this class. In the future, I would recommend adding more details about your specific interests or professional goals to keep your readers intrigued. Overall, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alejandra,
    I really liked your story about the woman you know who runs her own company. The company sounds really interesting, and I’m glad it’s successful! I also think entrepreneurship is intimidating, and I hope this class helps me better understand it. I also want to get my CPA. I’m really glad you shared your story and that it’s woman-centric.

    ReplyDelete